Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Price I have to Pay In Pursuit of Pleasure




My health is deteriorating because of indulgence in food. I have been a vegetarian for 3 years, but have decided to eat meat when I got pregnant because my doctor told me I needed protein to nurture my little Xafire (inside my womb). Since then, I have stopped eating healthy food and feasted on every delicious food I can possibly have. My lifestyle has also changed. I work graveyard, which is favorable to me because I am nocturnal. My food indulgence became worst. When I get home, I gobble before I sleep, then I wake in the afternoon and join my husband and daughter for a lunch meal. I go back to sleep once I feel full and bloated. I wake up in the evening and prepare for work. Of course I eat dinner, which to my body clock, should be called breakfast. I eat a lot because I rationalize that I need more energy to survive work. At work, I eat junk and eat another full meal which serves as my lunch meal for my nocturnal life. My work involves a lot of sitting. I hardly walk. I hate exercising. I love eating meals in between. I hate doing household chores. And I love cooking. I love everything that’s deliciously sinful. I love cake, ice cream, chocolate, fried chicken, pasta, burger and fries, bacon, eggs, butter, and junk food; everything you could ever imagine. And I love dining out! I no longer eat vegetables. I lived an unhealthy lifestyle for 4 years. I gained so much weight. Presently, I am 204 pounds. I’ve been in and out of the hospital because of health problems. My cholesterol level is high. I may have a fatty liver. I am scheduled for a liver ultra sound. My blood pressure is significantly high. I feel so sorry for myself, having to experience this at an early age. I am only 28 years old. I fear that I will leave my family behind at an early age. My daughter and my husband still need me. I want to spend more time with them. I started to think more for the people I love, rather than giving in to the temptation of pursuing pleasure. I’ve been managing what I eat for the past 2 weeks. I’ve measured my bust, waist and hip. I have set my mind to take care of myself and live a healthy life style. I’ve been brisk walking for 45 minutes a day for almost a week now and have been very watchful of what I eat. I’m starting to feel better. I really believe it’s all in the mind. I am going to post updates on my progress…hopefully to inspire people. I am targeting to lose 50 pounds before the year ends. I am also going to post special healthy recipes that would be helpful to others who also want to eat healthy food. I really am hoping for the best results. I am inviting people who are experiencing the same thing, or have already succeeded in achieving their ideal weight. Please do not hesitate to leave a comment, an advise, reaction or insights. Blessed be.

No comments: